Local Food Security Dinner
Meet some of the young entrepreneurs that are working on (and in) the ground to increase Ottawa's food security.
When: Thursday, April 25th, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Where: Grounded Kitchen and Coffeehouse, 100 Gloucester Street
Tickets: $60 per person ($40.83 after tax rebate*), see below for details
Paul SlompFarmer and Owner: Grazing Days Paul Slomp has been operating Grazing Days since 2010. Located in Manotick Station, his small farm raises and delivers quality grass-fed Angus beef to Ottawa homes. He is also the Vice President of Operations for the National Farmers Union. Having grown up on farms in the Netherlands and in Rimbey, Alberta - and through his experiences working on agriculture projects in Ghana, Rwanda, and the Zambia-Malawi border region - he brings unique urban and rural perspectives, global and local experiences, to conversations around our food and food system.
Jason Garlough and Katrina SiksCo-founders: Hidden Harvest Ottawa Hidden Harvest Ottawa was launched in 2012. Operated by Jason Garlough and Katrina Siks (and a great team of volunteers), it organizes harvests for existing trees and sells edible trees that make sense for Ottawa’s future harvests. Fruit and nuts that would otherwise go to waste on public and private property are rescued by connecting tree owners with those eager to harvest local food. The bounty from harvest events is shared amongst the nearest food agency, the homeowner, the harvesters, and Hidden Harvest Ottawa.
Served by a Grounded Chef, handcut fries topped with local cheese curds and gourmet toppings.
- Artisan cheese platter with fresh fruit & baguette
- Smoked salmon roulade on pumpernickel rounds
- Gazpacho shooters
- Margherita pan pizza with fresh basil, marinara and mozza
- Korean BBQ ribs and jerk spiced chicken wing ensemble
- Cremini mushrooms stuffed with fresh herbs
Tickets are $60 per person ($40.83 after tax rebate*) and can be purchased by credit card using PayPal (see below), or by cheque payable to "Ottawa Centre GPO CA". Please contact email@example.com if paying by cheque. Space is limited!
Purchase by Credit Card:
- One Ticket: Local Food Security Dinner ($60) - just $40.83 after tax-rebate*
- Two Tickets: Local Food Security Dinner ($120)
- Three Tickets: Local Food Security Dinner ($180)
- Four Tickets: Local Food Security Dinner ($240)
Purchase by Cheque:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your RSVP.
- Make cheque payable to "Ottawa Centre GPO CA".
Proceeds from this event will go to the Ottawa Centre Provincial Green Party Association. A portion of the ticket price is tax-deductible for Ontario residents.
* The exact tax-rebate amount depends on final ticket sales. Based on 30 people attending, after tax-rebate cost is $40.83 per ticket.